16 November 2023

Dorset Council funding grants now open for applications

Dorset Council funding grants now open for applications

The latest round of Community and Culture Project grants (round 6) is now open for applications. This grant fund offers not for profit groups the opportunity to apply for a small grant of between £1,000 - £5,000. Dorset Council welcomes applications for projects and events for community, arts, accredited museums, heritage, sport, play, youth and physical activity. Newly established groups who have been in existence for 12 moths or less can also apply but can only apply for up to a maximum of £1,500. Applicants will need to provide a minimum of 20% match funding towards their project. 

The latest round of the council’s Organisational Support Revenue Fund Round 4 for SVCS sector groups who are looking for core revenue funding to cover some of their running costs and or strategic work can apply for a grant of between £5,000 - £10,000 per annum for up to two years. Grants if successful will commence  April 2024 and end April 2026.  For more details, including fund criteria, closing dates, how to apply and what you need to consider before applying please visit the webpages below. 

Organisational Support Revenue Fund Round 4 - Dorset Council (please note that this round is not open to arts, heritage, museums, sport, physical activity and play organisations).  

Finally, if your organisation is planning a capital project to improve, refurbish or undertake adaptions to an existing community building or space you can apply for up to 20% of your total capital project costs up to a maximum of £25,000 through Dorset Council’s Capital Leverage Fund. Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate how they intend to raise the remaining 80% of their projects costs when applying, and have up to two years to secure the funding to enable the grant to be released. Full details of the fund, closing dates, and it’s priorities can be found on the council’s webpages below. 

Capital Leverage Fund - Dorset Council

We recommend that you first read the guidance, fund eligibility and criteria before starting your application. However, if you still have any further questions regarding the grant funds or your intended project/activities then please do get in touch with Dorset Council to discuss:

Community applications : communities@dorsetcouncil.gov.uk

Cultural applications:        leisureWDWP@dorsetcouncil.gov.uk

Finally, organisations who require support developing their governance or policies e.g. safeguarding, should contact Community Action Network (CAN) who are commissioned by Dorset Council to support the sector to improve their policies and become funding ready. If you are spending time searching for funding then take a look at the Funder finder search tool and webpage below. 

It’s a FREE and easy to use search tool covering hundreds of local, regional and national grants and funders. 

Community noticeboard News